Indian Railways, on June 14 2022, declared that it aims at recruiting a total of 1,48,463 candidates over the next one year. This decision comes after PM Narendra Modi’s order to recruit a minimum of 10 Lakh candidates under the ‘Mission Mode’ scheme, across several ministries and departments over the next 1 and half years.
With only 43,678 candidates having been recruited in the railways over the past eight years, the Indian government now plans to boost the workforce to the maximum possible.
Check details here:
- Number of candidates to be recruited in 2022-23: 1,48,463
- Intake between 2014-15 and 2021-22: 3,49,422
- Indian Railways’ share percentage: 40.55
- Vacant posts’ percent since 2020: 21,75
Recruitment through ‘Mission Mode’ scheme
- The Mission Mode Scheme will help eligible and interested candidates to be able to seek the steps of recruitment through the Home Ministry.
- 10 lakh candidates shall be recruited in several ministries and departments in the next one and a half years.
- This announcement came after PM Modi’s review of the status of Human Resources in all government sectors.
- This is to serve as a big opportunity for those seeking jobs in the central government.
- The recruitment processes for all the posts and vacancies, are to be notified by the concerned departments.
Indian Railways recruitment statistics
- From 2014-15 to 2021-22, the total intake of Indian Railways was 3,49,422 candidates, with an average of 43,678 per year.
- In 2022-23, the Indian Railways is to recruit 1,48,463 candidates.
- Indian Railways continues to have the largest share of 35.06 percent of the total expenditure on pay and allowances in 2019-20.
- All these posts and positions have become redundant due to technology, and will not be available for recruitment purposes in the coming future.
- The employees currently holding posts similar to such are likely to be taken by various departments of the railways.
- The 16 zonal railways have given up 56,888 “non-essential” posts during the financial years 2015-16 to 2020-21, with 15,495 more to be removed in due course of time.
- Northern Railways has absolved more than 9,000 posts, the South Eastern Railway has given up around 4,677.
- The Southern Railway has abolished 7,524 posts and the Eastern Railways has abolished more than 5,700 such posts.
Group D Posts:
Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) carries out the Group D Recruitment at the divisional level. Some of posts in this group are gunman, Safaiwala, Trackman, peon, tracker and others.
Why Jobscloud for Railway Jobs 2022:
Railway Jobs latest are posted in JobsCloud regularly. So job seekers who are looking forward for railway job vacancies can make use of it. Railway Jobs 2022 for 12th pass are posted regularly in this page. JobsCloud is beneficial for freshers and experienced candidates. We post Railway Jobs 2022 for 10th pass also. We mention Name of the Post, Number of Vacancy, Eligibility criteria, Salary, Age limit. In addition we clearly mention Selection process, How to Apply, etc. We will make sure candidates wont miss out on any opportunity.
Railway Recruitment 2022 Apply Online:
Railway Recruitment 2022 Apply Online is the most common method Railway Recruitment Boards prefer. Because online methods are easier and candidates can apply on time. In order to achieve that Jobscloud helps aspirants for railway recruitment apply online by providing the official applying link, notification and official website. We also assist job seekers with detailed application procedure under “How to Apply” in each and every notifications and thus making the process much more easier.
Eligibility for Railway Jobs in India:
Indian Railways release number of notifications every year. Posts like Apprentice, Technical Officer, Assistant Manager etc are notified and recruited through common recruitment process. For each post there will be a specific qualifications required and it will be clearly mentioned in our site. The most common qualifications govt sector require are MBA / CA / Graduate / Postgraduate / M.Tech / B.Tech / MCA / MBBS or equivalent. So candidates who hold any of the above mentioned degree can easily find railway jobs in India by following our website.
Important resources for Railway Jobs:
Aspirants need to be aware of variety of things while applying for Railway jobs 2022. These things include Syllabus, Exam pattern, Previous year question papers, Admit cards, Answer key, Results, last date to apply, Exam dates, official website etc. Hence Jobscloud helps you to stay updated by consolidating all the essential information in single page.
How to prepare for Railway Exam 2022:
Getting Railway jobs in India is not an easy one. But anything is possible with proper practice and planning. Having said that JobsCloud helps aspirants achieve their goal by providing them with proper guidance. So Candidates can visit our website regularly where we post all Railway jobs related notifications in a prompt way.
Aspirants can make use of our posts related to Exam Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Model Question Papers, Mock Tests etc. They can keep track of the Admit cards posted here and also candidates can make use of the interview tips and other aspirant’s success stories we post which can boost their confidence. Thus aspirants can appear for the exams and interviews with great confidence which will help them to secure a position in Indian Railways easily.
Railway Jobs Alerts:
Railway Jobs Alerts are especially for candidates seeking job opportunity in Indian Railways. So Aspirants can subscribe to our free job alert and get latest railway recruitment notifications directly to your email. Because that will help you in proper planning and preparation for railway exams. So Just take one step and we will push you in your remaining steps and help you achieve your goal. All the best for your future endeavors. We will soon see you as a railway employee.
Official website link : railway